We offer links to online resources for nonprofit organizations. The information listed below does not imply endorsement by the Henderson Community Foundation.
Creating an Effective Board
- BoardSource Provides information about building effective nonprofit boards.
- Board Cafe Provides Provides a blog for members of nonprofit boards as well as access to past issues dating back to 1997.
- BoardNet USA Connects nonprofit boards and new leaders.
Strategic Planning and Management
- Alliance for Nonprofit Management Dedicated to building the capacity of individuals, organizations and communities working to achieve positive social change and cultural enrichment.
- Free Management Library Provides a variety of links to help nonprofits and for-profits; it is contributed to by users and readers
- Independent Sector Serves as the premier meeting ground for the leaders of America’s charitable and philanthropic sector through public policy development, sponsorship of ground-breaking research and numerous resources.
- Nonprofit Finance Fund Provides capital and advice to help nonprofits strengthen their mission, improve their capacity to deliver services and strengthen their communities.
- Nonprofit Risk Management Center Provides webinars on timely topics for nonprofits.
- Tech Soup Connects nonprofits with donated and discounted technology products.
- CommonCraft Free, easy-to-understand and entertaining videos that show how to use all kinds of technology from software to social marketing tools.
- Idealware Provides Consumer-Reports-style reviews, articles, product comparisons, recommendations, case studies, and news about software of interest to nonprofits
- Nonprofit Technology Network Offers a free monthly newsletter focused on effectively using technology.
- Non Profit Cloud | NPCloud Provides cloud-based technology products and services to other nonprofits.
- TechImpact Nonprofit that implements and supports other nonprofits’ entire technology infrastructure, either in the cloud or on-premise, at below market prices.
- Association of Fundraising Professionals Works to advance philanthropy and has a chapter in Las Vegas (www.afplasvegas.org).
- The Foundation Center Offers a searchable database of grant making organizations nationwide. Full access available through the Clark County Library.
- Grant Professionals Association Provides useful articles about grant seeking, newsletters, journals, and a place to exchange documents with other members (Nevada Chapter info. here)
- Grant Select Offers a searchable database of grant making organizations nationwide.
Communications and Marketing
- Public Relations Society, Las Vegas Chapter Provides training in Las Vegas in communications and public relations.
- Smart Chart Provides a free interactive chart to guide nonprofits through the communications planning process or to evaluate a campaign that is in progress
- Stanford Persuasive Technology Lab Lists guidelines for website credibility as part of the lab’s ongoing research into websites.
- The Communications Network Helps foundations and nonprofits communicate more effectively by providing web-based seminars, links to publications, and online tools
- PollingReport.com Provides information on recent polls by CNN, NBC, CBS and other organizations that may help support a point an organization wants to make
Publications and E-newsletters
- The Chronicle of Philanthropy The newspaper of the nonprofit world.
- The NonProfit Times A printed publication providing information about nonprofit management.
- Philanthropy News Digest The Foundation Center’s online news source.
- The Nonprofit Quarterly Offers a free online newsletter about nonprofit issues.
- Blue Avocado Delivers intriguing and uplifting nonprofit news and tips.