James Green, President
Henderson Police Department
James was born in Stockton, CA, where his great-grandfather was a police officer in the early 1900′s. He has lived in several Midwest cities and grew up mostly in the Kansas City, MO, area.
Captain Green joined the Henderson Police Department as an officer in 1993. He was promoted to sergeant in November 1997 and assigned as the Training sergeant in January 2000. He was promoted to lieutenant in July 2003 and named the Homeland Security lieutenant in July 2005. He was promoted to captain in January 2006 and assigned to the West Patrol Division. Currently James is assigned to the Investigative Services Division.
- Bachelor of Arts from Columbia College in 1989
- Master of Arts in Criminal Justice from Boston University in 2005
- POST Executive Certificate, February 2008
- Northwestern University’s School of Police Command, graduated in June 2007
- FBI National Academy class #241, graduated in June 2010
- James serves as a Governors appointee to the Public Employees Retirement System of Nevada as a trustee since 2009 and currently serves as vice chairman for the FY2012 Board of Trustees
- He serves as a Governor’s appointee to the statewide Amber Alert Committee since 2003
- He serves as president and chairman of the Board of Directors for the Henderson Community Foundation since 2003.
- He serves as a Trustee to the Henderson Library Foundation
- He serves as a committee member for the Fun Day for Kids with the Boys and Girls Club of Henderson since 2009
- He has served the community for more than a decade with the Big Brother and Big Sister’s program
- He has completed several Ironman triathlons
- He serves as an Honorary Trustee for Nevada Child Seekers
- He serves as vice president of the Paradise Hills Landscape Association